Do it yourself Public Relations




Last friday I got my hands on the finished book. It is even more beautiful than what I had ever imagined and I feel both super happy and exited to have it finally finished. Mikko, Hanna and I did it!

The last couple of weeks have been c r a z y. I naively thought that I would get some rest and get back to the blog after the book went to print but nooo. It seems the PR and marketing for the book does not happen on its own. Apparently. Elle Finland did a huuuge four page interview/story on making the book and I´ve given out countless interviews on the phone and live. Probably more coming next week. YLE Radio 1 did also a piece on trashion, you can listen to it here. I love talking about trashion, eco fashion and I´m super exited on how people have taken the book in, so far many with enthusiasm.

And then there is this thing called the publication party... Finding out e-mail addresses for 800 something press and other guests, scouting the perfect location, booze, mannequins to show the collection... And it all needs to be perfect, because I don´t play any other way. If you want more, you work more. It is all coming together nicely, and I´m confident the evening will be a blast, but it is taking it´s toll on my energy levels. But it has to be done. I can´t wait to see all the people under one roof who have helped us on this project and to show them what we created. I´ll post some pictures from the event later.

Stay tuned and hopefully we will get back to our "regular program" after things calm down a bit.

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

8 comments:

  1. How cool is that?! Would love do read it!

    xxx

    http://nevermindbeingdead.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That all sound so exciting. Cant wait to see photos from the night. Congratulations and goodluck!
    xx Tanya
    http://aciddreamsandsugarhighs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the photos front the event night. Congratulations and goodluck.
    xx Tanya
    http://aciddreamsandsugarhighs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so curious, can't wait to get my hands on the english version! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! All well done and well deserved. I also can't wait to buy this in English. The photos you've shared on your blog are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete