Watermark for safety



Yesterday I found a blog in blogger that has copied my blog 100%, all posts. As this probably is the works of some evil computer program with the soul purpose to lure my readers to their site and install viruses and other crap, I will not link the blog here as I don´t want anyone clicking the link.. But the thing that I found a copy of my blog is not important (that´s my problem, not yours)...

But what was good, is that again I remembered how important it is to watermark your images to protect them from misuse. It does not need to be a huge print over the image, but a logo at some corner. Maybe even add your blog address to it with a small print. It will not prevent copying and doing a watermark makes the posting a bit more slower as you have to Photoshop all images one by one, but it is worth the trouble.. Like in this case this watermark is the only proof that I have that this other blog is the copy and mine is the original.

Matter of Style does the picture watermark beautifully. See her blog for examples.

I have reported the copyblog to Google. Hopefully they will shut it down soon.

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

16 comments:

  1. I've heard about this happening to a few bloggers actually, it's really disheartening. I don't watermark my photos because I'm not a popular blogger, I only have 293 followers but I'm thinking of maybe watermarking now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so unfair... thanks for the advice!

    Marta
    2ndfunniestthing.blogspot.com
    DIY & unique pieces

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to watermark all images copyrighted to you anyway, no matter how many followera you have. I wish now I had done it always... The watermark can be just a simple logo put somewhere on the image. Of course you need Photoshop to do this. Alo other freware image softwares have the option to add it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awful! Thanks for the heads up...must start watermaking again. FastStone is a freeware that allows batch processing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grеetings frοm Idaho! I'm bored at work so I decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I love the knowledge you present here and can't wait to takе а lоok when I get homе.
    I'm surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm not eѵen usіng WIFI, just 3G .

    . Anyways, amazing sitе!
    Take a look at my web-site ... 7 keto

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya, how did you report to google? This has happened to me as well, in fact I found a couple of ghost blogs copying my entire content too. It's disgusting isn't it?
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anon, it loads fast because I finally learned to down size the images before posting them to my blog... :P Five years of bloggin and you still learn new. Yey! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad to hear that things like this to happen :( I found this Watermark Software yesterday, I haven't tried it, but will in the near future. Hopefully it will make the process a little easier, when you can add watermarks on several images in a few seconds.

    http://www.craftionary.net/2012/03/add-automatic-group-watermarks-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. It happens...it's a software that replicates all the contents! It's a pretty evil thing to do and we should all be aware of it Thanks for letting us know

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's bad :(


    nomeeparafracos.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That blog is now deleted. I contacted Google and they took it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear that. I know there was a situation when a nail polish company stole pictures from famous bloggers not that long ago. I think the issue is now resolved, but don't quote me on that. Be sure to protect your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pata kattila soimaan! You have copied your NAME from Outi Popp (aka Outsa Popp)!!! No imagination there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mistä lähtien se, että on sama LEMPINIMI, on kopioimista? Lisäksi huomauttaisin että minä en ole kopioinut mitään, perheeni/ystäväni antoivat sen lempinimen minulle. En ole pelkkä "OutsaPop" vaan nimeni on Outi Pyy ja blogin nimi on OutsaPop Trashion niin kuin yläreunassa lukee.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Arvostaisin myös ettei tulla tänne anonyyminä riehumaan vaan kehdattaisiin ihan sanoa omalla nimellä ja naamalla jos on jotain sanottavaa. Jotenkin säälittävää toi nimettömänä huutelu.

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for mentioning me! :D
    It happened the same thing to me, twice actually.
    These pages copied my entire blog and they were filled with advertising.
    They didn't look like they were run by humans but maybe by a program. I mean my posts were automatically reposted there and not even resized to fit in the page!

    ReplyDelete