DIY Crocheted maxi dress

freepeoplemarloeshorst1

The reason I keep posting about the same stuff (crocheted materials, leather, chains, denim, studs..) over and over again is that it just stays in fashion. Classic shit so to speak. You can make a dress like this by dyeing a large cocheted table cloth or bed throw. Find a sewing pattern for a maxi jersey dress and use it to make the dress. Crochet materials are very elastic and heavy in nature so if a zipper is needed, it can be sewn to the under arm side seam.

The table cloth dress below is something I made way back in 2008 and I think it still looks stylish! Via Free People Fall 2011 catalogue, photographed by Marloes Horst.

DIY crochet dress 1
DIY crochet dress 4

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

4 comments:

  1. my favorite http://nova-handmade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. your dress in beautiful! I just got a garage sale dress like the one above yours!
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  3. it would even be fun to add some ombre dying effect at the bottom or make the entire dress out of crochet doilies sewn together at the edges??
    Anyways..love you dress! Chic-est table cloth I've ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved that table cloth dress of yours & I'm still looking for a large crochet cloth to try this but all I keep coming across are doilies, buhu!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete