Maison Martin Margiela 20 The Exhibition

Maison Martin Margiela Artisanal elastic band jacket

I love Finland, but cool fashion exibitions never find their way to Helsinki. First I missed the Tim Burton exhibition at MoMa NYC and now I´m going to miss Margiela´s exhibition. He has been such an inpiration to me when studying and really the person who got me thingking that recycling and reusing can be made to look fashionable. It sucks sometimes to live so far from everything.. If you're in town, go see it and get inspired. I would.

"Somerset House is proud to host Maison Martin Margiela ‘20’ The Exhibition, a major exhibition celebrating 20 years of one of contemporary fashion’s most influential and enigmatic designers. This ambitious, multi-layered exhibition captures Margiela’s unique aesthetic and vision, incorporating garments, installations, photography and film. This exhibition was initiated by the Fashion Museum Province of Antwerp and Maison Martin Margiela. Young as its history is, no other fashion house has had quite the same impact on our understanding of fashion and its relationship to history, craft, commerce and innovation. Twenty years on, Maison Martin Margiela’s radical questioning and rethinking of what fashion is, how we clothe the body and ideals of human beauty, is still as groundbreaking as ever."

Photo: Maison Martin Margiela Artisanal elastic band jacket

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

5 comments:

  1. This jacket is amazing!! The Maison Martin Margiela designs are always so...cooool, hey? I think its the impression of sharp precision tailoring (those shoulders!) combined with the raggedy loose ends, a dichotomy.
    And hey , if you're feeling "away from it all" spare a thought for those of us living here in Perth, Australia, the most isolated capital city in the world. 2700 km from the next city, which is Adelaide, which is just as tiny as Perth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. o my god!I W A N T T H I S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. crazy but very interesting. there is something of elegance. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just picked up a flyer for this today, I plan on checking it out. Will blog all about it!

    <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA IS KING.

    xxx

    http://amaturecouture.com

    ReplyDelete