The dark elixir of creation

coffee

I live on coffee (and cigarettes). I can spend up to 5 hours on a Sunday morning just blogging, surfing and having my cold cup. Well, really it looks more like a coffee bowl as it takes about 4-5 cups in it.. For me coffee is the elixir of creation. It keeps my thoughts rolling smoothly and my eyes open. If I could trade all food and drink for just having coffee, I propably would. Unfortunately coffee in Finland sucks. I realize this every time I come back from a trip abroad. I usually add some spices to the brew just to have it drinkable. I also need to have it cold, at summertime with ice. We have this saying in Finland that drinking cold coffee will make you prettier. Silly, but I´ll give it a shot. Although one of my lovely friends thinks I should not hope for miracles.. Maybe I´ll have it through the blender today, just to have the ice crushed.

If you want your cup to be perfect, make it yourself. Craft has a how-to on making ice coffee with a hint of syrup and Craft Leftovers has a reciepe for icey frappachino. Also in case you're a tea fan, Chroniclebooks shows you how to make sweet ice tea. Hanging around at coffee shops having a tasteless cup of overpriced latte (4€..!!) is so last season.

Top photo by Janette.

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

4 comments:

  1. I don't drink coffee but know for fact that you should try our Israeli coffee...Some say it's the best and even take it with them abroad when they travel!!!!
    I'll post a REAL Ice-cream how to in my blog shortly-come and visit http://pettibearsfashionroar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it that you can't get good coffee (beans) or just that no one will make it properly at a cafe? I had this problem when I lived in Southern California (surf culture = great smoothies, but they burnt their espresso beans in the roasting process EVERY DAY). That's when my partner and I started making most of our coffee ourselves.

    If you like, send word via email or blog comment and I can send you some good beans if you need them! Maybe we could arrange a trade? I haven't had a good bottle of real Koskenkorva Salmiakki in years! =) (fleurdelisarah AT hotmail DOT com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cafe coffee is fine if it´s the kind of proper place where they make it from beans. But my coffee problem is that I love really strong brew (and I´d like to make it at home), and that you can´t really find anywhere. Of course they have the good stuff packed in small bags, but it is ridigilously expensive. All the normally priced coffees are too "light" for me. I drink it loads so I can´t afford the good stuff every day..

    Also cause I´m a disaster in the kitchen, I can´t make real espresso (with an espresso pan). I have to use a basic coffee machine with ready-ground beans, which is not good if I want the coffee to be strong, but not taste bitter.. It´s a complex problem. :)

    But sure, if you want Koskenkorva Salmiakki, of course I can mail you one. Maybe I´ll take some other California delicassy in the trade :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. let's do it!I actually left California two years ago and returned to Seattle - which is why I offered coffee! If you want, I can send you a bag of the good stuff - and I'm sure I can have it ground for you!

    here, do you want to email me your address? =)
    fleurdelisarah AT hotmail DOT com

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete