DIY Crocheted scrunchies

DIY Crocheted scrunchies

I thought about changing the title to something complitely different as some people still have strong opinions against scrunchies. Yeah, the fabric version has not been in style in 15 years, but you must admit they were fast and fun to make from fabric scraps. As our mission at OutsaPop Trashion is to combine sustainability, DIY and fashionability, I thought twice before posting this. But you have to admit they are quite handy. Maize In Montana posted a tutorial on how to crochet elastic hair bands by using wool thread leftovers. An easy (if you can crochet), small project to keep your hands buzy.

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

3 comments:

  1. i will always and forever love the scrunchie. it's probably one of those childhood things i have a hard time letting go of. love these.

    xxx
    t

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make these, or at least tried once or something.
    My one problem with it is, crochet is not so stretchy as the elastic. So I'd prefer a way to knit over an elastic... but I guess that'd be complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh... love crochet! Need to try, will blog about this! Haha.. :)

    And if you cant crochet there is loads of youtube tutorials, and once you learn it is the best craft project to bring with you on the move. I always have some waste yarn and a crochet hook in my bag.

    ReplyDelete