Costume Renaissance millstone collars


In case you didn´t know I´m a huge fan of period dressing and especially millstone collars. I´ve been planning to make myself one for ages from thrifted light weight curtains and lace ribbons. They have a special technique to making them and I´ve never gotten to the bottom of it so this project has been standing still forever. Thank God for Queen Michelle and Queen Marie at Kingdom Of Style. The made a post about Etsy and a small picture of a black millstone collar caught my eye.. Made by Costume Renaissance. She makes millstone collars in different sizes and colors. And may I add very beautiful and authentic looking collars! This accessorie is one of those pieces that will highlight any outfit, mordern or historical. I´ve been dreaming of a b&w portrait photo taken of me (my second name is Elisabeth!) wearing one of these. Just imagine, the whole family photographed wearing millstone collars in b&w, even the dog/cat. F-a-b-u-l-o-u-s.





Found via Kingdom Of Style.

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

1 comment:

  1. These are also part of a traditional folk costume here in the Czech Republic... just a few weeks ago, I discussed it with a lady who's making the costumes (read: she talked and I carefully listened). She did not really tell me the technique, but I remember that she talked about curling iron being used, and a lot of fabric going into it (about 1,20 meter). And then I found this: http://trystancraft.com/costume/16thc/1590sruff/index.html Maybe this costumer could give you tips on making them, as she had to figure it out, too?

    ReplyDelete