Toad Tree Studio aka Nicole Deponte wearable necktie art



Obi-belts became trendy after Louis Vuitton introduced them again on their Summer 2009 collection. I will never buy an LV obi-belt but I do recognize the trendiness of piece. If you have an Etsy shop and know how to make obi-belts, I suggest you start making them! I´m 100% sure I´m not the only one looking for handmade LV-inspired obis this summer. Guaranteed sales.

After searching the Etsy shops for handmade obi-belts I stumbled across Nicole Deponte´s shop Toad Tree Studio. The makes obi belts from recycled neckties and collar pieces she calls neck kerchiefs.

From her Etsy profile:
"Nicole Deponte is a multi-talented artist and designer, creating one of a kind accessories for over five years. In 2008 she launched her lilian asterfield collection, redefining the tie and her flare for the vintage. She currently works as a fine artist, freelance window dresser, accessory designer, and fashion consultant. Visit her website to see more of her beautiful designs at nicoledeponte.com"

Nicole Deponte´s neck kerchiefs and obi-belts from recycled neckties:







Louis Vuitton Summer 2009 obi belts:

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

2 comments:

  1. I've met her, she is so cool as is her stuff!
    love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got 2 vintage handmade obi belts in my shop. They were made from leftover pieces of textured leather.
    www.janavi.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete