Thai fisherman pants pattern by Burda (free!)



Burdastyle.com is famous for regulary releasing new free sewing patterns that can be dowloaded from the site (as pdf) with instructions. Save the files on to our computer and print them out when you need them. It´s all free and the only thing that is required is that you login to the site. Much faster than going to the store to get your pattern. I´m hoping soon Burda and other sewing pattern manufacturers will have all their patterns available like this online. Of course I would be happy to pay for them.

Now that I have a sewing machine I can finally start dowloading patterns and sewing them. Today I found a pattern for loose thai styled fisherman pants. I´ve been looking for them for quite a while now. Many of my friends that have travelled to Thailand have brought similar ones back as souveniers and I love them. They are the perfect slouchy home pants. The pattern is very simple and they are easy to sew (beginner level). It should be a one afternoon project. Sewed from recycled materials of course, maybe thrifted men´s shirts or wool suits. I´m aiming for something similar to this thai pant made by Assemblage. Maybe I´ll change the pattern slightly and make the pant legs more carrot shaped and possibly add ankle straps and flap pockets in odd places for fashion appeal.



Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

2 comments:

  1. So these are for girls and for guys? Great pattern. I may have to try that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Originally this styled pants were worn by men in thai but in my friends women like them more.. So I say unisex. There are propably some guys that do like this style. I´ve heard it´s good to wear after yoga classes :D

    ReplyDelete